We are pleased to announce that a BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit Out rating of ‘Very Good’ has successfully been achieved for Stephen James Group at Royal Arsenal Riverside.
We were appointed to undertake a BREEAM fit out assessment for Stephen James Group, a BMW and MINI car dealership to satisfy requirements set by Berkeley Group. The unit is located within the Royal Arsenal Riverside masterplan in the Overstation development.
Our BREEAM Accredited Professional assessor put in place a cost-effective route to achieve the required Very Good rating, including;
- Production of an indoor air quality plan to ensure that poor air quality is minimised;
- Ensuring that all timber products were sustainably sourced and in line with the UK Governments Timber Procurement Policy;
- Encouraging the use of suppliers/manufacturers who had responsible sourcing certification e.g. BES6001;
- A review of all finishes to ensure that they met the testing requirements and emission levels for volatile organic compounds;
- Specification of energy efficient equipment and water efficient sanitaryware.