We are pleased to announce that the application for a new residential and commercial development on a brownfield site in Heath Road, Twickenham by Axiom Land was recently granted planning consent subject to a Section 106 agreement. We prepared Energy and Sustainability Statements to support the application.
The development includes 21 new homes made up of private and affordable units, and ground floor commercial space for A1, A2, B1, D1 and D2 uses.
We worked with Axiom Land to develop the energy and sustainability strategy. The requirements set out in our strategy were:
- A 35% reduction in regulated CO2 emissions over Part L 2013 Building Regulations, achieved with advance fabric efficiency measures and the inclusion of solar panels;
- The commercial ground floor space to achieve a BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’;
- Achieving internal water use of less than 105 litres per person per day;
- A green roof incorporated into the development;
- Sound insulation values improved by at least 5dB on Building Regulations Part E;
- Dedicated cycle storage for both commercial and residential units;
- Measures to protect and enhance ecological value;
- A ‘beyond best practice’ score with the Considerate Constructors Scheme;
- Good residential daylighting levels;
- Lifetime Homes standards applied to new homes.
We are now working with Axiom Land to take the development beyond the planning stage through to completion.