Often thought of as ‘easy’ credits to achieve, the Home User Guide needs to:
- Fulfil all of the elements within Checklist Man1 of the Code Technical Guidance
- Be fully researched to ensure accurate information
- Describe specifications for all house and flat types
- Is made available in alternative formats (e.g. Braille) upon request
- Is signed off by the developer
The aim of this section of the Code is to encourage and reward the provision of guidance to occupants for them to understand and operate their home efficiently and make best use of local facilities.