Hodkinson Consultancy Contributes to Planning Success at 74-80 Peach Street, Wokingham
Wokingham Borough Council resolved to grant planning permission recently for the redevelopment at 74-80 Peach Street in Wokingham town centre. This mixed use development by Tropic Estates Ltd will deliver 140 sq metres of retail space and 39 residential apartments, and includes the replacement of a former office building.
Hodkinson Consultancy is extremely pleased to have been able to work with Tropic Estates Ltd on this important local project and we are delighted to have contributed to this recent planning success.
We provided energy, sustainability, and daylighting and sunlight consultancy services.
Through our daylight and sunlight modelling we were able to demonstrate that the proposed development will have no significant impact on the majority of existing windows surrounding the site.
Our approach to energy and sustainability focused on proposing a simple, pragmatic and robust energy and sustainability strategy, including:
- Code for Sustainable Homes level 4 for the new apartments
- BREEAM ‘Very Good’ for the retail space
- Cost-effective energy efficiency enhancements
- Mechanical ventilation heat recovery
- Provision of roof top photovoltaic panels
- A 19% reduction in predicted CO2 over Part L 2013 regulations