Following our work through the planning process, Richard Hodkinson Consultancy has recently been appointed to continue involvement on this high-quality mixed-use scheme. We are to provide a range of environmental assessments through the design and build program. The Nine Elms project, on the south bank of the Thames, is the largest regeneration project in Europe.
Figure 1 – Hampton House – Image courtesy of Foster + Partners
In assisting St. James in another of their landmark projects, Richard Hodkinson Consultancy is very proud to be working on such a scheme. This scheme adds to our portfolio of projects with St. James. These other projects include Eastbury House and Riverlight (both designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners).
St. James acquired the site in February 2012 and in March 2013 consent was granted for three iconic buildings, designed by the acclaimed international architects Foster + Partners, ranging from 15 to 27 storeys in height, and comprising:
- 253 apartments including 85 affordable homes for senior living;
- circa 12,300 sqft of office space;
- circa 8,000 sqft of restaurant space;
- resident facilities including bar, gym, pool and spa.
Through the planning process, Richard Hodkinson Consultancy was the lead consultant in developing the energy and sustainability strategy for the application. This included the following principle targets:
- meeting the London Plan’s energy targets with a CO2 reduction of 25% over the 2010 Building Regulations;
- achieving Code Level 4 for all residential apartments;
- BREEAM Very Good to be achieved for all non-residential uses;
- developing a wider sustainability strategy for the scheme throughout its whole life.
After planning consent, we again were appointed by St. James to assist in delivering the energy and sustainability strategy through the design and construction process up to handover. Our work includes:
- domestic energy assessor delivering energy advice and complete SAP process through to EPC provision;
- full Code for Sustainable Homes assessments;
- daylighting and linked ecology assessments for the Code assessment
- BREEAM Shell and Core and Full Fit out assessments
- SBEM calculations