We are pleased to announce that the application for a new residential and commercial development in Acton Town Centre was recently granted planning consent by the London Borough of Ealing. We prepared Energy and Sustainability Statements to support the application.
The development included 14 flats and ground floor flexible commercial space.
We worked with the applicant, Barroerock Construction Ltd, to develop the energy and sustainability strategy. The requirements set out in our strategy were:
- The commercial ground floor space to achieve a BREEAM New Construction 2014 rating of ‘Very Good’;
- A London Plan compliant 35% reduction in regulated CO2 emissions over Part L 2013 Building Regulations, achieved with the following;
– Advanced fabric efficiency measures;
– Air Source Heat Pumps for the commercial units;
– Roof top solar PV panels;
– Payment to Carbon Offset Fund.
- Achieving internal water use of less than 105 litres per person per day;
- Sound insulation values improved on Building Regulations Part E;
- Dedicated cycle storage for the new residential units;
- Recycling facilities provided for domestic, commercial and construction related waste.
During the planning process amendments were made to the scheme to satisfy Council requirements. We worked closely with the design team to ensure that the energy and sustainability strategies remained sound, achievable and policy complaint for the final consented scheme.
We are now working with Barroerock Construction Ltd to take the development beyond the planning stage through to completion.