Post Occupancy Evaluation
Occupant satisfaction is a key measure of the success of a development. We carry out post occupancy performance evaluation using tools such as the Building Use Studies (BUS) methodology for occupant satisfaction evaluation and BSRIA Soft Landings Framework. We are part of the BUS Partner Network, a select group of consultants qualified to undertake these surveys. We can also create bespoke POE surveys where applicable.
Environmental certification schemes such as BREEAM and the WELL Building Standard encourage the performance evaluation process by awarding credits for Post Occupancy Evaluation. We undertake all aspects of BREEAM and WELL Post Occupancy Evaluation to ensure that each of the following credits can be achieved:
BREEAM Man 05 Post-occupancy evaluation (POE)
- Review of design intent and construction process;
- Collation and review of energy and water consumption data for minimum 12 month period;
- Occupant satisfaction survey of staff and building users, one year after initial occupation.
BREEAM Ene 01 Post-occupancy stage (Exemplary level criteria)
- Detailed energy modelling during design and post-construction stages to predict operational energy consumption;
- Monitoring of energy use through sub-metering of end-use categories, high energy load and tenancy areas;
- Compare actual energy use to the predicted energy consumption targets.
WELL Building Standard Occupant Surveys (v1 Feature 86 and v2 C03)
- Occupant satisfaction survey of staff and building users, one year after initial occupation, following the Building Use Studies (BUS) methodology.